Friday, October 3, 2008

My Saving Grace

The other night, John hung out with me while I was in pre-op waiting to get cleaned out. It was a slow night so the nurse on the floor, Grace, kicked it with us. We showed her pictures of Dally. And Albert. And Scott. And pretty much all our posse. She said we were cool. She said we should spawn a baseball team. And even though it so wasn't her job, she wheeled me out of the hospital. She kept saying, "You guys better have a baseball team."

I thought it was a funny thing to say and this afternoon, it dawned on me, I bet she was saying that to make me feel better. It was her way of saying, "You're not a one hit wonder." I started crying.

We have her card. We told her we'd put her in our movie. She said she's single. I'm going to find her a husband.

No comments: