Wednesday, October 8, 2008

HELL YEAH IT IS

Part of the reason why I didn't write much here was because I didn't have much to bitch about. Yeah, it sucked that three months into parenthood, I started getting these fucked up bald spots (absolutely no exaggeration here). It also sucked that my days of taking super long naps on Sunday afternoons between watching Lifetime movies and Lock Up was a distant memory. I also really hated washing bottles. Not just any bottles. Dr. Brown bottles. John counted. There are five pieces to wash for each bottle. Times that by eight feedings (initially) and the feat became a part-time job. (This is where breastfeeding mothers have the last laugh - until, six months later, they look down at their boobs in shock and say, "What have I done?!?!?!?")

But then I took a hit last week and even though it sucked, the outpouring of support from my homies is yet another reminder of how good I have it. My moping around officially came to an end last night when I got the best birthday present ever. Anne took me to see Neil Motherfucking Diamond. HELL YEAH.

To say that the man is a showman is an understatement. He is the epitomy of everything that is good about music. Friendly, charismatic, sequined, and soulful. He informed us, "The only rule is there are no rules." But he said it in that voice. He rocked all the hits. He even sang You Don't Bring Me Flowers. He destroyed (with love, because that's all that really matters) with Hell Yeah. And just when we thought we'd just seen a great show, it got even better when he closed the night with my favorite ND song - Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show. Are you kidding me?!?!?!

Anne and I got matching pink concert t-shirts.

We finished the night off with Slurpees. It was pretty much a perfect night. Thanks, Anne. I love you.

P.S. No more Dr. Brown bottles! The dude's on a sippy cup now - only three pieces.

No comments: