Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What To Expect: The Toddler Years (Hint: A couple of years of serious neurosis)

I've been kvetching about my personal life way too much. Let's bring it back to the supposed theme of this blog - Dally. I did a really dumb thing a few weeks ago. I ordered What To Expect: The Toddler Years so that I may be able to stay abreast of what the little dude should be doing. Well, it's never about what he is doing. It's what he's NOT doing.

I got the book yesterday. Turns out, by now, he should be able to say two words. He only says one. "NO." And sometimes, I'm dubious that he's really even saying no.

Meanwhile, his cousin Truman is quite the orator - practically reciting Obama's inaugural address.

The book doesn't offer much consolation. It says if the kid isn't doing this stuff, check with his pediatrician because he's clearly going to grow up to be a loser who sleeps on your couch and makes daily excuses as to why he can't seem to graduate from community college after eleven years. Well, not in those words but pretty much.

Oh the joys...

1 comment:

Me said...

Don't forget that Truman is also older... goof ball head.


Don't stress it dude... maybe he's following in the foot steps of his Uncle Tony... not much for words...