Thursday, June 7, 2007

Sail Away, Sail Away, Sail Away

So after much dragging of the feet and indecision, I finally booked our 5th Anniversary getaway. Earlier this year, we had big plans to maybe hit up Rome but then I took on all this summer work and by the time my schedule clears, I won't be able to travel anymore, lest I give birth on a transatlantic flight or something.

The magical destination: A 4 Night Cruise to Baja. I know, I know, doesn't sound all that exotic given the last three major vacations I've taken have included Europe and Asia (twice). Truth of the matter is I've never been south of Ensenada. This thing will at least take us down to Cabo. The point of this trip is to squeeze in some last moments of peace and love before the little dude comes and turns our world upside down. Life has been pretty crazy for us this year, and this upcoming summer is no exception. I literally have one free weekend until late August.

With two weddings, a quinceanera, and a baptism (all events in which John and I are major players) and a bunch of showers, this will be a welcome break. I kind of miss not having anything to do. Guess I won't be feeling like that for another twenty or so years.

No comments: